When summer is upon us, we like to change our regular hot coffee into a chilled version. This almond and chocolate coffee is very simple and quick to make. Serves 1.
2 teaspoons of coffee
Milk – enough to fill a large glass
½ teaspoon of almond essence
3 or 4 whole almonds
½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
4 pieces of chocolate
3 or 4 ice cubes
1Pour milk into your serving glass.
2Add 2 teaspoons of coffee into the milk.
3Add ½ teaspoon of almond essence and ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence to the milk and stir all the ingredients together until blended.
4Fill the saucepan half full with water and put onto the stove.
5Heat the water in the saucepan until boiling.
6Place the bowl on top of the saucepan and add the chocolate pieces.
7Use a spoon to stir the chocolate pieces until they have melted and the mixture is smooth.
8Grate the almonds into a small bowl.
9Go back to the cold coffee and add the ice cubes.
10Drizzle the melted chocolate onto the top of the drink.
11Sprinkle the almond shavings on top of the chocolate.
12Serve and enjoy.
- Consider using a straw to drink your iced coffee.
- Almond milk, coconut milk and dairy milk all work well with this recipe.
- Any type of coffee can be used, for instance cappuccino, espresso or mocha.
- Taste test the drink before you add additional vanilla and almond essence to ensure you do not overdo it.
- Add more coffee if you prefer a stronger coffee taste.
- Consider using dark chocolate.
- Supervise young children when melting the chocolate over hot water.
- Graters are sharp so supervise children when grating almonds.
Things You’ll Need
- Large glass
- Teaspoons for measuring
- Large spoon for stirring
- Bowl for the grated almonds
- Wooden spoon
- Bowl for melting the chocolate
Sources and Citations
- Inspiration from The Domestic Geek