Breakfast can get boring right? Here is a sweet yet savoury recipe made from the most common ingredients that you already have at home. Plus, it is a healthy Porridge with no artificial ingredients or added sugar but has delightful natural sugar for an energy kick and fibre for keeping you satisfied till snack time.
*What you will need*
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or soy or almond milk)
- 2 small apples or 1 big apple
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 dates
- A pinch of cinnamon (or any spice you prefer)
- Saffron (optional)
- Coconut chunks/ bits/ shreds
*What to do *
- Gather all of your ingredients . Add the oats to the water and milk and cook on the lowest flame. (High flame will ruin the taste)
- Add in the coconut and chopped dates and stir it for around 4 minutes Or till it is soft ( or whatever consistency you prefer)
- Put the Porridge into a bowl and top with bits of diced apple (preferably pink lady apple but I couldn’t find it so I used a golden apple.) Coconut , cinnamon and saffron.
- You’ve got your easy to make ,healthy, and delicious breakfast.
II hope that you give it A try.